Thursday, July 18, 2013

Route 66 Oklahoma

I was determined to do two things on our way back to san Antonio Texas from the family wedding in Wisconsin. One, visit Paris Texas - Just because I wanted to see the city named after my favorite place n the world  "Paris".  I've been to Paris France several time to visit my son but never to Paris Texas.

Second, I wanted to see the Totem Pole Park listed on my Route 66 travel guide "Oklahoma Route 66 The Ultimate Road Trip"  Sounds like so much fun!! I just had to go find these totem poles- 90- foot  totem pole made of stone and concrete with more than 200 designs.
 After many wrong directions and several it's not to far-s? We finally found the park-small but listed on the National register of historic places.  Interesting but not a big Wow.

I have to say part of the fun looking for this historic site was all the little back woods antique shops and vintage  stores we came across. I found some great treasures for my Etsy shop-
and some just to keep

 Check out my Home Décor  and American Indian section at my shop.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/baublesabode

BJ






No comments:

Post a Comment